31 Jul Our New Website!
Since its first small gathering almost 7 years ago, the IN THE BAG charity luncheon has netted over $350,000 in critical relief funds that have allowed The American Red Cross of the National Capital region to help needy families following disasters.
This is an amazing testament to the generosity of our community and it is also a powerful statement about the concern and commitment of all of the women who work year after year to make this event one that can, quite literally, move ladies to open their purses for the good of others.
In planning for this November’s IN THE BAG charity luncheon, the Steering Committee wanted to find ways to make this year truly spectacular. The committee is working to make it not only a wonderful way to spend an afternoon but also a day of giving that surpasses the donations of all other years.
To help in achieving these goals, the Steering Committee decided to redesign the IN THE BAG website so that it offered more information on the importance and impact of your donations, as well as making it easier for you to support IN THE BAG through purse donation, raffle purchases, sponsorship or registration to attend on November 4, 2016. Our beautiful new website was designed by local web designer and IN THE BAG Steering Committee Member, Lauren Terry of Terry Design Co.
Without further delay, please let us introduce the new IN THE BAG website to you!
The new site has a different URL, inthebagrc.com and it is particularly designed for easy viewing and use on any type of device, including your phone, tablets and laptops. The entire site is also designed to have visual impact and to provide information in such a way that you don’t have to hunt down what you are looking for.
While the main pages, e.g. Purses, Raffle, Sponsor, etc., remain you will find some nice, new features. So please let’s take a moment to ‘scroll’ through the pages of our new site, with an eye out for ….
- 2015 EVENT HIGHLIGHTS: Statistics and Photo Gallery of the 6th Annual IN THE BAG luncheon
- THE PURSE COLLECTION: 2016 Purse Gallery organized by this year’s categories which consist of Corporate-Style, Iconic-Style, Kors In-Style, and Urban-Style
- SPONSORSHIP EXPOSURE: Prominent Homepage sponsorship placement with logos and links to the sponsors’ own websites or their more detailed information found on the In the Bag site
- TESTIMONIALS: In a looping display on the Homepage, past In the Bag attendees and Steering Committee members speak to the profound impact of ITB’s mission
- FORMS: Sponsor, Purse Donation, and Raffle Item forms are located at the bottom of each page to allow for quick and easy donations and sign ups
- TICKETS: Purchase links are located in the main navigation bar, in the page footers and throughout site for ready access
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Links to the IN THE BAG Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages are in both the header and footer
- LATEST NEWS/UPDATES: Notifications, press releases and articles will appear on a new Blog page
We are thrilled by the new site and will continuously be updating the information found on it. Now that you’ve taken a quick peek at it, please don’t stay away. Come back, and often!